Sons of Norway Foundation in Canada is dedicated to preserve and promote Norwegian heritage and culture, to enhance educational opportunities, and to provide financial assistance and support for members of Sons of Norway and affiliate groups in their program deliveries.
The Lodge Foundation Director is fundamental in the fulfillment of these objectives.
SONS OF NORWAY FOUNDATION IN CANADA is guided by a group of individuals who represent Voting Memberships held by Sons of Norway Lodges and affiliate groups in Canada. These representatives meet at the Annual General and Special Meetings for the purpose of reviewing performance and providing guidance to the Board of Directors. Administration and operations of the Foundation is delegated to the Board of Directors who are elected by and from the representatives (delegates) of Voting Memberships. The Board of Directors itself elects its Officers.
For more information on SONS OF NORWAY FOUNDATION IN CANADA governance and policies, please review the “About Us” section on the www.sonfic.ca website.
The Lodge Foundation Director is responsible for promoting the Foundation and for helping the Foundation grow financially. Specifically, the Director is charged with:
- Promoting the Foundation to the members and the community, increasing awareness of the Foundation and its value as a benefit to the members.
- Providing information on available bursaries and grants, including application procedures, deadlines and application requirements.
- Helping the Foundation grow financially by informing members regarding donations, pledges, memorial and legacy gifts.
- Referring those who express interest in legacy giving to a member of the Foundation Board of Directors.
- Leading the promotion of October as Foundation Month by being involved in informational, promotional and fundraising activities.
- Assisting members and lodge leadership in accessing Foundation information on the Foundation Website.
- Sons of Norway Foundation in Canada website (www.sonfic.ca)
- Foundation News
- Various communications from International Headquarters
- Sons of Norway Idea Bank on Foundation related topics.
- Members of the Foundation Board of Directors (for contact information go to ‘About Us’ > Officer/Director listing).
Sons of Norway Foundations in the US and Canada were established to help in the outreach, educational pursuits, humanitarian assistance and cultural enhancements for our Sons of Norway lodges, affiliate groups and the Nordic community. Lodge Foundation Directors make significant contributions to the success of our Foundations by providing advice, information and guidance to our members and community friends.